Hyderabad: Telangana completed 34 registrations within 24 hours after correcting errors affecting 22-A land registrations, Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivasa Reddy said on Tuesday. Of the 34 registrations, officials completed 30 in Medchal-Malkajgiri district and four in Ranga Reddy district.
Ponguleti said the government had begun correcting errors in the online Section 22-A prohibited land data. He assured residents that the government would not allow injustice to poor families affected by the issue.
The minister addressed the media at the Secretariat amid concerns over private properties appearing on the prohibited list. He acknowledged that errors had occurred while officials uploaded land records online. Consequently, some eligible private properties had entered the Section 22-A prohibited list.
22-A land registrations affected by online data errors
Ponguleti said the affected properties included private lands regularised through previous government orders and memos. Additionally, plots covered by High Court orders and approvals from GHMC and HMDA had inadvertently appeared on the prohibited list.
The government had acknowledged the mistake and started rectifying the records, the minister said. He said authorities were addressing the issue on a “war footing” in accordance with High Court directions.
The corrections allowed the government to resume 22-A land registrations for eligible properties after verifying their status. Meanwhile, Ponguleti urged property owners not to panic over the issue. He said the government would take steps to clear genuine private properties from the prohibited list.
22-A land registrations reviewed by special committee
The government constituted a special committee of senior officials to accelerate the correction process.
The committee included the Principal Secretary of the Revenue Department and the Inspector General of Stamps and Registration. Other senior officials were also included. Ponguleti said the committee would review applications every day for the next 15 days.
Therefore, genuine cases could receive immediate attention instead of remaining blocked because of incorrect online entries. The minister said the process would focus on identifying and clearing genuine private properties wrongly included in the prohibited list.
He cited the 34 registrations completed within 24 hours as evidence that corrections had already begun. Ponguleti reiterated that the government would address the 22-A land registrations issue quickly and prevent injustice to affected property owners.