Hyderabad: Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivasa Reddy ordered a field-level inquiry into Pallegudem land encroachments and directed officials to recover illegally occupied government and assigned lands.
He instructed the District Collector to identify encroachments through a comprehensive inquiry and immediately restore such properties to government control. Ponguleti further directed authorities to allot the recovered land as house sites to eligible poor families in Pallegudem.
The minister, who also held the Housing and Information portfolios, issued the directions in Pallegudem of Khammam Rural mandal on Wednesday. He spoke after inaugurating a newly constructed Gram Panchayat office building, built at an estimated cost of ₹20 lakh.
Ponguleti said the government aimed to help every eligible family realise the goal of owning a house. Therefore, he said authorities would mobilise land and provide house sites to eligible families.
Pallegudem land encroachments to undergo field verification
Ponguleti directed the district administration to conduct a detailed ground-level investigation into government and assigned lands in the village. Officials should identify Pallegudem land encroachments and take immediate steps to recover illegally occupied properties, he said.
The minister made it clear that recovered government land should benefit eligible poor families requiring house sites. He linked the exercise to the government’s housing policy and its stated objective of providing homes to eligible families under “Indiramma Rajyam.”
Meanwhile, Ponguleti also reviewed development works underway in Pallegudem and announced further infrastructure spending.
₹61.76 crore development works underway in Pallegudem
Ponguleti said the government had undertaken various works worth ₹61.76 crore for the comprehensive development of Pallegudem. According to the minister, construction of cement concrete roads worth ₹50 lakh had already been completed in the village.
Work on a model CC road from Gollagudem to Pallegudem was also progressing rapidly, he said. The government was spending ₹5.80 crore on that road, which was being developed along the NSP canal bund.
Additionally, Ponguleti said a BT road from Pallegudem to Mangalagudem would be constructed at a cost of ₹55 crore. He assured residents that the road project would be completed expeditiously.
The minister also praised local public representatives and officials for completing the new Gram Panchayat building within two months. He said the ₹20-lakh building had been completed while maintaining construction quality.
Ponguleti sanctions ₹12 lakh Anganwadi building
Responding to a request from villagers, Ponguleti announced an immediate sanction of ₹12 lakh for a new Anganwadi building. The announcement added another public facility to the development works planned for the village.
The minister also addressed social security pension applications during the programme. He asked eligible senior citizens, widows and single women to submit their pension applications by August 31.
Ponguleti assured residents that every eligible person would receive applicable welfare benefits. Municipal Chairperson Anita and Sarpanch Chunduri Sujana participated in the programme.
Mandal Congress president Thota Veerabhadram also attended, along with Maddi Mallareddy, Bandi Jagadish and Chava Sivarama Krishna. Maddi Veera Reddy, Veerelli Apparao and Boda Venkanna were also present.
CPI leaders Dandi Suresh, Puchakayala Kamalakar and Linga Venkat Narayana attended the event. Local elected representatives, officials, Congress leaders and a large number of villagers also participated.